Date Approved by the Board April 28, 2015
To define the responsibility each director, officer and employee has concerning standards of honesty, ethics, integrity, and confidentiality and to ensure that all business transactions are conducted professionally and in the best interest of the company and its shareholders.
This Code of Ethics for Jacksonville Bancorp, Inc. sets forth the guiding principles by which we operate our company and conduct our daily business with our shareholders, customers, vendors, each other, competitors, government and regulatory agencies, the media, and anyone else with whom we have contact. We recognize that the honesty, integrity and sound judgment of our directors, officers and employees is essential to our reputation and success. We are committed to adhering to the highest ethical standards in the conduct of company affairs, especially with respect to its financial management and the disclosure of financial information in connection with the business and operations of Jacksonville Bancorp, Inc. This Code of Ethics is not intended to address every issue or situation that may arise, but to provide basic principles and concepts to guide us in the conduct of our business.
These principles apply to all of the directors, officers and employees of Jacksonville Bancorp, Inc. and its wholly owned subsidiary, The Jacksonville Bank (collectively referred to in this Code of Ethics as “the Company”). The Code of Ethics will inform all parties of the Company’s stance regarding ethical business conduct and assist them in resolving questions and reporting suspected violations. All directors, officers and employees possess the right and responsibility to ask questions, seek guidance and to express concerns regarding compliance with this Code. Additionally, all employees have a duty to promptly report all potential or apparent violations of the Company’s business policies to their supervisor, the Human Resources Department, the Board of Directors or a designated Committee thereof. Retaliation against employees who exercise their duty to report in order to raise genuine concerns of wrongdoing will not be tolerated. The Company intends to vigorously enforce the provisions of this Code of Ethics. Violations may lead to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment, and may have other legal consequences.
This Code of Ethics:
1. Requires the highest standards for honesty, integrity and ethical conduct at all times, including proper and ethical procedures for dealing with actual or apparent conflicts of interest between personal and professional relationships.
2. Requires all directors, officers and employees of the Company to act in good faith, with due care, competence and diligence, responsibly, without misrepresenting any material fact, and without allowing his or her independent judgment to be compromised or subordinated.
3. Prohibits engagement in conduct or activity, whether or not specifically prohibited in other Company policies, which may raise questions as to the Company’s honesty, impartiality or reputation.
4. Requires compliance with the provisions of policies and guidelines set forth in this and/or any other code of business conduct or ethics code adopted by the Company.
5. Requires full, fair, accurate, timely and understandable disclosure in the periodic reports required to be filed by the Company with governmental and regulatory agencies.
6. Requires full, fair, accurate, timely and understandable disclosure of all material information known to them regarding the current or future financial condition, financial performance, or the business of the Company as appropriate.
7. Requires compliance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations as well as any other business policy adopted by the Company.
8. Requires reporting of any potential or apparent violations of the Company’s business policies or illegal behavior to their supervisor, the Human Resources Department, the Board of Directors or a designated Committee thereof.
9. Requires the highest level of confidentiality and fair dealing both inside and outside the Company’s business environment and forbids the use of such confidential information for personal advantage.
On an annual basis, all individuals subject to this Code of Ethics will be presented with this policy and will be asked to read and abide by these guidelines and acknowledge receipt of the most recent